Focus Visharam is a initiative to bring innovative development to our town. We last seen a initiative from local municipality which started collecting domestic garbages to keep our locality clean and green. Other initiative was establishment of bus stop at Apollo KH Hospital from IWA. What next do you want to develop? Make it happen with your innovative contribution. Please, write to us to share your ideas to develop our locality, the home of peace!!
Plea to review hike in guideline value of lands in Melvisharam
The Melvisharam Town Uplift Committee has appealed to the Tamil Nadu government to reconsider the steep hike in the guideline value of lands in Melvisharam town.
Muthu Rafeeque Ahmed, Secretary of the committee, said in a release that the public of Melvisharam have been affected by the steep hike in the guideline value of land in Melvisharam, effected by the government through an order. While the government order stated that the guideline value of lands has been increased by 40% to 60% with effect from April 1, in effect, the guideline value of land at Melvisharam town has been increased by 400% to 700%, which is contradictory to the claim made in the government order.
Citing examples of the hike, the secretary pointed out that the guideline value of land in Abdul Hakeem Road (Kathivadi Road), which was Rs.150 per square foot till March 31, has been increased to Rs.1,200 per square foot with effect from April 1, and this amounted to a 700% hike.
“We are unable to understand why such an abnormal burden has been imposed on the public of Melvisharam town alone”, said Mr. Ahmed, and appealed to the State government to reconsider the steep hike in the guideline value of lands in the town.Published: April 25, 2012 00:00 IST , Updated: April 25, 2012 04:30 IST VELLORE, April 25, 2012Source: THE HINDU
Ration Card - Fair Price Shop - Consumer Alerts
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE STOCK IN YOUR FAIR PRICE SHOP If so send SMS to 9789006492, 9789005450 as PDS space DistrictCode space Shopcode For Example if you send the message PDS 10 AA001 you will get the stock position of the PDS shop with code AA001 at Salem(10) District. District code is the first two numbers in your card number on top of your card and Shop code is available in the bottom box in the front page of your card Commissioner Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection www.consumer.tn.gov.in
Melvisharam Municipality Election 2011 Results
First ever local body election for Melvisharam Municipality was held in Melvisharam on October 19th, 2011. There was huge hue and cry on whom to vote for the first local body election held after 42 years. Many independents and party workers from major AIADMK and DMK in groups canvassed house to house and street to streets in their wards to get votes for them. Over this, there was a tough challenge for the voters to decide about the position of the chairman.
For the first time people of this town were divided in favor of parties and independents who were contesting this civic poll, anyway most of them are focused to elect the best candidate for counselors but the unity remained decided to elect for the post of chairman.
As the results were declared, obviously Puttu Abdul Rahman Sahib of AIADMK won the Municipality Chairman post for Melvisharam Municipality of Vellore district in the 2011 Local body election with 10, 546 people favoring him for this position. His nearest rival Muhammad Akbar Basha K of DMK who secured 1772 votes.
We the team of melvisharam.com wishes the best to all the elected counselors and the chairperson of melvisharam municipality and expect a fair and transparent services from all the elected counselors as well as the chairman and vice-chairman.
Melvisharam - Chennai Bus Diverted
Today, there was a problem in 7.40 am Visharam – Chennai bus and the bus conductor told me that here after the bus instead of coming to Visharam through by-pass from Arcot Bus Depot will go first to the Arcot Bus Stand and load passengers and will come to Visharam, all the way through the main road and will bound to Chennai from Visharam by-pass. It means that no Visharam passengers will be getting bus seats as it will be loaded in Arcot Bus Stand itself.
It is not clear about the 4.10 am and 6.20 am Visharam – Chennai buses. Will this buses also come loaded with passengers from Arcot and head to Chennai through Visharam? Everybody knows that it was a big effort to get the bus services from Visharam and so far, the Government has done little service to our town and now its officers are diverting that small government services from us.
People of Visharam, please, do something to stop diversion of this buses from its regular routes. If it is done, definitely we will be losing our grounds of what so far offered through the government.
SBI SWIFT Code - Melvisharam Branch
The SBI Bank of Melvisharam Branch is a non-commercial bank and one can't do direct foreign exchange through this branch. To do this we need SWIFT code of the branch of SBI to which our branch is associated. Our branch is associated with commercial branch of SBI Walajapet branch.
The SWIFT Code for that branch is SBININBB226 through this we can get foreign money transfer to our bank account directly. One more important point, through SWIFT transfer (also called WIRE transfer) we can avoid Western Union, etc which charge heavy commissions for transfers.
IFSC Code for Melvisharam Branch: SBIN0003783 (used for RTGS & NEFT Transactions)
MICR Code for Melvisharam Branch: 632002017
If you need more information, contact Bank Manager @ 04172-266179 & 04172-269419
ONLINE TNEB BILL PAYMENT GUIDELINES
1. Customers are advised to use either the TNEB bill payment option in our web site www.cityunionbank.com or www.onlinecub.net” or directly login to the TNEB web site www.tneb.in.
2. New users have to sign up by selecting “New User Sign up “ in the TNEB web site through the screen as shown below for payment of Current Consumption charges through Debit cards or through Net Banking. This requires a valid TNEB Consumer number and a valid e-mail account. To know the Region to which the consumer belongs, use the option in the login window “MY Region”.
3. With valid e-mail ID & Consumer Number choose a unique username for entering the website.
4. On completion of registration requirements, an e-mail is sent to the consumer e-mail id for successful validation.
5. Now click on the link in the e-mail to lead you to user login screen.
6. The user shall login and enter his password to register for making payments through web site. This is step is very important.
7. A user can register for many Consumer Numbers using "Add Consumer No" option and can pay during the corresponding collection cycle for the respective consumer. Every consumer number has to be individually selected for making payment.
8. The changes in consumer number and e-mail ID and other personal particulars can be carried out using "Update Profile" button.
9. The user shall change his passwords frequently for security purposes using "Change Password" button.
10. Click on the "Forget password" link available in the EB web site to get a pass word to your e-mail id.
First Moon Will Be Sighted Today, 1st Of August 2011 / 1 Ramazan 1432 AH
Allah knows well. As per moon sighting.com, the moon will be sighted by today evening in our region.