Everything about Melvisharam to make a Official Melvisharam Website.

Islamiah Girls Higher Secondary School

It was in the year 1946 that this school had its origin as an Elementary School, due to the great endeavours of the members of Melivisharam Muslim Educational Society, Melvisharam. In those days, the need for a good and efficient Muslim School, that can give secular and religious education to girls was keenly felt in the locality. Then the School was named as Isalamiah Junior Basic School, Melvisharam. It was recognized by the Government of Madras in 1954.

Under the able guidance of late Janab V Hajee Khaleelur Rahman Sahib, the then President, M.M.E.S, Janab S.M. Hajee Abdul Jameel Sahib, the then Secretary and later Janab A. Ahmed Basha Sahib, M.A., the then Correspondent, the school has grown steadily.

It was in the year 1966, that the sixth Standard was added and in 1968 the school became a Middle School.Then in the year 1973, it became a full-fledged High School and the first batch of students was presented for the SSLC Public Examination in March 1976 and from that day the school has been making steady progress.

By the grace of Allah and solid support of then President, Hajee S.M Jameel Sahib and then Correspondent Hajee, S. Zafar Ahmed sahib and other important members of the committee, the school overcame every difficulty and today it stands on firm footing.

In 1985, the school was shifted to its newly constructed permanent building and his occasion was celebrated in a grand manner. Dignitaries like Thiru C. Aranganayagam, Janab Y.S.M. Yusuff Sahib, the then Minister of Education and Irrigation Thiru T. Palani, T Kadirvelan, the M.L.A as on that day.

In the same year, the school was upgraded to a Higher Secondary School and the first batch of the student appeared for the public examination in April 1987 and secured 90% result.


SHARE

Imdad

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment